Mac Panther Materials – Your partner for innovative metal foam solutions
The goal of Mac Panther Materials is to offer customers the best possible solution to meet their needs. This requires close cooperation and maintaining a relationship with our partners that is built on trust. Only in this way is sustainable, joint success possible.
Thanks to our close ties to Saarland University, we are able to fully utilise the latest developments in this field in addition to their many years of experience with metal foams. This, coupled with our own developments, helps us to guarantee our customers long-term innovative metal foam solutions.
Our significant improvement in conventional metal foams contributes greatly to improving our customers’ products. Our patent-pending technology for coating polyurethane foams with metals, offers further technical advantages in addition to cost benefits, which we will be more than happy to explain to you.
We look forward to meeting you!
The advantages/potential applications of metal foams
Metal foam – the ultimate energy absorber
- High specific energy absorption capacity
per mass due to plastic deformation
- Large deformations at nearly constant stress are possible learn more
Metal foam – the ‘heavyweight’ in lightweight construction
- Very high stiffness-to-weight ratio
- Low density due to high porosity learn more
Metal foam – its structural and optical functionality
- Large inner surface
- High temperature resistance
- High chemical resistance
- Sound and vibration absorption
- Electromagnetic shielding
- Stable matrix for solid, liquid or gaseous fillings
- Futuristic appearance learn more